Wednesday, August 24, 2016

For the love of 'Stroopwafels'


Recently I visited the Netherlands after so many years; and it brought back a flood of memories.  I went out of my way to try new things, food inclusive, and of course my waistline thanks me for that.

A dear childhood friend came to say 'hello' and the wife got me 'stroopwafels'. You know that? I already knew it contained high amount of sugar and had concluded I would just give it a taste and let it go. His pretty wife told me it was very 'heerlijk'. I should have taken that as a warning.

I have never been a huge fan of waffles.  But this? This got me. One bite and I was hooked. I just could not let go. It was so 'yummilicious'. After I had taken my last bite, I so surfed the web for a recipe.  I found one. I am yet to try it. Will let you know when I do.

I had intended to use it for tea or coffee when friends come visiting; it didn't last the week. And it wasn't just a pack. I know. It's fattening. But I don't eat it everyday. I'm hoping it turns out awesome when I make it. My next target should be getting a waffle cone machine.

If you have Dutch friends but have never tried or heard of 'stroopwafels', you should 'check' your friendship. Or the popular Dutch Apple Pie. Mama Mia!
A big hug to Ymke as I'm sure it was not Promise' idea.

5 comments:

  1. Ah! stroopwafels! Just like your trip, it brings back memories, sweet memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would love to hear about this sweet memories.

      Delete
  2. Hahah... It was our idea 😂. Nice piece 👏🏿

    ReplyDelete